Jerry is a member of Ryan Swanson’s Litigation, Healthcare, Banking and Insurance practice groups. He represents local, national and international clients in litigation, dispute resolution and regulatory matters.
Often serving as national or regional counsel, Jerry’s insurance practice encompasses all segments of the industry. He represents underwriters, insurers, re-insurers, agents and brokers across the United States in a comprehensive range of services involving regulatory and administrative proceedings, corporate transactional matters, legislative monitoring, litigation and rehabilitation matters. His strong relationships with the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner and other administrative agencies have reinforced the prominent regional and national reputation of the firm’s insurance practice.
Jerry represents banks and lenders in loan enforcement related transactions of all types. He represents bank officers and directors in both regulatory and litigation matters.
Since the mid-1970’s, Jerry’s healthcare practice has been involved in all aspects of the healthcare industry, including mergers and acquisitions, survey and regulatory issues, litigation and finance. He has instructed on healthcare topics, taught classes for nursing home administrator licensure requirements, and presented to staff of healthcare providers.
Jerry’s diverse commercial practice involves representing broad range of clients – from local, closely-held businesses to large, national and international companies – in class actions and large, complex, multi-million dollar disputes.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Washington Super Lawyers® list (2000-present)
- Named among 21 civil litigators in Washington CEO magazine’s “Washington’s Most Amazing Attorneys” (2006)
- Thurston Society
- Order of Coif
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
Professional & Community Activities
- Arbitrator, King County Superior Court Arbitration Program (1983-present)
- Member, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association (1973-present)
- Member, Litigation Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, King County Bar Association
- Board President, Kindering Center (1993-1995)
- Principal’s Roundtable, Society for Marketing Professional Services (1998-2005)
- Editorial Advisory Board Member, Managing Partner Magazine (1999)
- Trained Mediator and Arbitrator
- Frequent Presenter – CLE and Legal Seminars