Phil has a business and real estate practice. He represents clients on complex real estate transactions, including the negotiation and drafting of complex multi-party agreements regarding the development of shopping centers, other commercial real estate projects, condominium developments and private placements (Reg D). Phil represents commercial and private lenders in financing real estate and general business loans, and represents borrowers in structuring loan workouts. His involvement includes the acquisition and financing of projects, as well as leasing activities associated with commercial projects. Phil finds the business/finance and real estate areas to be complementary to each other.
Before joining Ryan Swanson, Phil practiced tax law for several years at a Connecticut law firm. His understanding of the tax laws is valuable when working on business and real estate transactions, which inevitably raise tax issues.
- Represent commercial lenders in real estate financing transactions including construction lending
- Represent private parties in loans to developers secured by real property
- Represent multiple real estate developers throughout the region in projects ranging from mixed use projects, to hotels, to shopping centers, including leasing activities
- Represent family businesses in acquisitions and development of commercial properties
- Represent technology and other startups in all aspects of their businesses
Honors & Awards
- Dr. Samuel Belkin Scholars Award
Professional & Community Activities
- Washington State Chair and National Council, American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) (2010)
- Board of Directors, Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle (2010-2015)
- Member, Cascade Bicycle Club (1987-present)
- Member, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (1996-present)
- Secretary/Treasurer, Frye Art Museum (1996-2008)