Rick is the Chair of Ryan Swanson’s Banking Services, Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy Group. He has a broad creditor’s rights and bankruptcy practice, including representation of banks, creditors, trustees and debtors, in transactional, workouts, and all phases of insolvency matters. Because of the breadth of his practice, Rick has developed extensive experience in a number of business and legal areas, including real estate transactions.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Washington Super Lawyers® list (11 years)
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Frequently lectures to bankers, lawyers, accountants, real estate brokers and other professionals about banking, work-out, collection and insolvency related issues.
- Past presentations for the King County Bar Association, Risk Management Association, Washington Bankers Association, Washington State Bar Association, Washington State Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Washington Auto Dealers Association.
- Articles Editor, Transportation Law Journal
- Author, “Legal and Institutional Implications of Providing Financial Incentives for the Development of Solar Technologies,” U.S. Government Publication
Professional & Community Activities
- Board of Directors, Puget Sound Chapter of The Risk Management Association
- Trustee, Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Washington
- Co-Chair, Bankruptcy Committee, Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Washington
- Past Chair, Creditor-Debtor Section of Washington State Bar Association
- Past Chair, Bankruptcy Section of the King County Bar Association
- Past Chair, Magnolia Juvenile Conference Committee
- Coach, youth baseball, soccer and basketball
- Volunteer, Woodland Park Zoo