REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL
Ryan Swanson is seeking a full-time Real Estate Paralegal whose general duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting and helping coordinate real property acquisitions and sales, loans, lease and development transactions.
- Drafting and/or reviewing real property related correspondence and documents, such as purchase and sale agreements, deeds, promissory notes, deeds of trust, escrow instructions, leases and lease amendments and memoranda, real and personal property security documents, and foreclosure documents.
- Coordinating and preparing documents for non-judicial foreclosure actions and deed-in-lieu of foreclosure actions.
- Preparing closing books.
- Examining title reports and supporting title documents, legal descriptions and surveys.
- Extensive contact with escrow officers, title officers and other title insurance company personnel.
- Regular contact with city, county, and other governmental officials to obtain information concerning taxes, assessments, building permits, building compliance information, etc.
- Regular contact with surveyors, appraisers and lenders.
- Recording real property documents.
This position requires five to ten years on-the-job experience as a real estate Paralegal or five years of experience as a Paralegal and five years of real estate experience as a Paralegal, in order to gain the expertise needed to do substantive legal support work. While qualifications and experience are seriously considered, enthusiasm, demeanor and attitude are of paramount importance.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Ryan Swanson is currently seeking an experienced immigration paralegal for a high-volume business and family immigration practice. Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills and oral/written communication skills are necessary in order to communicate in person, by email and telephone with a diverse group of attorneys, paralegals and clients. Attention to detail and proofreading for accuracy are important to ensure quality work product. Ability to work in a busy deadline-driven environment, prioritize workload and meet deadlines is crucial to success. College degree/paralegal certificate preferred.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting correspondence to the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”), Department of State, (“DOS”), Department of Labor, (“DOL”), U.S. Consulates, and other government agencies, as well as clients and others.
- Assisting in preparing the various forms and coordinating organization of the documents required for filing various petitions and applications for nonimmigrant and immigrant classifications and naturalization & citizenship with DHS and DOS.
- Preparing, filing and handling a wide range of nonimmigrant petitions, including L-1, H-1B, H-2B, H-1B1, E-1/E-2, E-3, TN, and O-1 petitions, I-140 immigrant petitions, I-130 immigrant petitions, and I-485 adjustment of status applications.
- Assisting in preparing the various forms and helping coordinate organization of the documents for PERM labor certification applications.
- Performing research on immigration-related issues.
- Staying current on immigration related laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should respond with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Ryan, Swanson & Cleveland, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, gender, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.