Ryan Swanson is currently seeking an experienced immigration paralegal for a high-volume business and family immigration practice. Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills and oral/written communication skills are necessary in order to communicate in person, by email and telephone with a diverse group of attorneys, paralegals and clients. Attention to detail and proofreading for accuracy are important to ensure quality work product. Ability to work in a busy deadline-driven environment, prioritize workload and meet deadlines is crucial to success. College degree/paralegal certificate preferred.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting correspondence to the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”), Department of State, (“DOS”), Department of Labor, (“DOL”), U.S. Consulates, and other government agencies, as well as clients and others.
- Assisting in preparing the various forms and coordinating organization of the documents required for filing various petitions and applications for nonimmigrant and immigrant classifications and naturalization & citizenship with DHS and DOS.
- Preparing, filing and handling a wide range of nonimmigrant petitions, including L-1, H-1B, H-2B, H-1B1, E-1/E-2, E-3, TN, and O-1 petitions, I-140 immigrant petitions, I-130 immigrant petitions, and I-485 adjustment of status applications.
- Assisting in preparing the various forms and helping coordinate organization of the documents for PERM labor certification applications.
- Performing research on immigration-related issues.
- Staying current on immigration related laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Ryan, Swanson & Cleveland, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, gender, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.