Legal Services for Businesses Affected by COVID-19
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has had an enormous impact on businesses located in the Pacific Northwest and around the globe. In an effort to assist businesses of all sizes with the challenges triggered by COVID-19, Ryan Swanson has assembled our COVID-19 Legal Support Team—a team of experienced professionals ready to help guide you and your company through a broad range of legal issues, including:
- Interpreting the latest federal, state, and local laws and regulations for employers
- Advising employers on layoffs, standby, telecommuting, and related issues
- Providing advice on the impacts of COVID-19 on immigration visas and applications
- Assisting businesses with SBA and other loan programs, including the new CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act)
- Restructuring bank loans and other debts, including the preparation and negotiation of loan forbearance agreements
- Modifying and amending leases and other key contracts
- Enforcing “Force Majeure” contract provisions (i.e., extensions of time and other relief for causes outside of a party’s control)
- Enforcing contract defenses based on the “impossibility” or “impracticability” of continued performance under the contract terms
- Enforcing the rights of businesses if contractors and suppliers do not perform
- Selling businesses, assets, and properties
- Collecting proceeds from business interruption insurance and other insurance policies
- Obtaining debt and equity financing
- Advising on bankruptcies and other options for debt relief
- Blanket waivers from certain existing laws for health care providers
- The application of HIPAA to COVID-19 diagnosis, testing, and notice
The members of our COVID-19 Legal Support Team are available to support your business through the COVID-19 pandemic, helping you anticipate, manage and resolve the challenges that lie ahead. We can help identify key strategic and tactical issues, assist with contract and business issues, manage communications to your workforce, anticipate and assess litigation risks, consider regulatory and legislative developments, and assist with any necessary organizational or structural changes. We will help prioritize and resolve complicated legal, business, legislative and shareholder relations issues as quickly and cost-effectively as possible, allowing you to get back to managing the day-to-day aspects of your business.
For assistance, please feel free to contact any member of the COVID-19 Legal Support Team by contacting a team member listed here or by completing the contact form on the left-hand side of this page.
- Business: Derek Crick, Paul Meier
- Corporate Bankruptcy, Receivership & Finance: Joe Sakay, Adam Doupé
- Employment Rights, Benefits & Labor: Britenae Pierce
- Immigration: Marsha Mavunkel, Amy Royalty
- Healthcare: Kristin Nealey Meier
- Litigation: Bryan Graff, Roger Kindley
- Real Estate, Development & Finance: Brian Lewis
Please also see Ryan Swanson’s COVID-19 Alerts & Resources for Businesses page for the most up-to-date news and developments regarding COVID-19.
Recent Articles & Updates
- The U.S. Government Imposes One-Day COVID Test Requirement for All International Travelers to the U.S.
- OSHA Issues “Emergency Temporary Standard” Requiring Large Employers to Comply with Federal Mandatory Vaccine Rules by January 4, 2022
- Important Changes for Employers in American Rescue Plan Legislation
- COVID-19 Workplace Vaccination Guidance Issued from EEOC
- Temporary Changes to Bankruptcy Code in New COVID-19 Legislation
- Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test Required for International Travelers Flying to the U.S.
- Department of State Announces Exceptions to Proclamation Suspending Entry of Nonimmigrants
- Ongoing Construction Projects Allowed to Restart with Safety Restrictions
- White-House Proclamation Suspends the Entry of Certain Immigrants to the U.S.
- COVID-19: Seattle Creates Protections for Small Business and Nonprofit Tenants
- Governor Inslee Issues Proclamation Providing Protections for High-Risk Employees
- COVID-19 Impact on Construction and Development in Washington
- State Announces $5M Grant Program for Small Business
- What the Residential Eviction Moratorium Means for Washington Landlords and Tenants
- COVID-19: SBA Paycheck Protection Program Loan Application and Guidance Now Available