It has been said, “Where there is a Will… there is someone to contest it.” Sadly, the death of a family member often leads to disputes among those surviving. Sometimes conflict is the result of poor or no estate planning. Other times, legal intervention is necessary to protect the deceased and his or her legitimate heirs from the terms of a Will induced by fraud or undue influence. Whatever the case, Ryan Swanson’s Trust & Estate Litigation attorneys understand the sometimes unfortunate necessity of estate litigation, and have many years of experience advocating on behalf of estates and heirs.
Our attorneys handle a variety of trust and estate disputes, including:
- Complex Will and Trust contests
- Breach of fiduciary duty, removal of fiduciaries
- Will and trust interpretation, construction and reformation
- Lack of mental capacity, fraud, duress and undue influence
- Spousal rights and meretricious relationships
- Determination of, and challenges to, heirship
- Probate and estate litigation
- Federal and state tax disputes (federal estate and gift taxes, generation-skipping transfer taxes, income taxes)
- Attorney and fiduciary fee disputes
Any type of dispute includes careful consideration of various aspects of estate law such as fiduciary duties, taxes, real estate, family business and succession planning, and bankruptcy issues.
For over 20 years, our attorneys have represented:
- Individual and institutional trustees
- Nonprofit entities
- Executors and executrixes
- Personal representatives
- Beneficiaries of trusts and estates
- Trust departments of banks and financial institutions
Our Trust & Estate Litigation attorneys are here to help and would be happy to answer any questions you may have about your situation.