Whether you are a start-up, a sole proprietorship, or a multinational corporation, intellectual property may be the most valuable asset of your company. From trademarks to copyrights, trade secrets to personality rights, Ryan Swanson’s Seattle Intellectual Property Group can help you to establish, manage, and enforce your intellectual property portfolio. We specialize in finding effective and efficient solutions that align with your company’s needs as well as values.
- TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHTS, AND BRAND PROTECTION
Our Seattle trademark and intellectual property attorneys have decades of experience maintaining trademark and copyright portfolios, in the United States and worldwide. From preparing and prosecuting trademark and copyright applications, to maintaining registrations and consulting on “best practices” for brand management, our team is ready to strengthen and maintain your company’s intellectual property.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Trademark Clearance and Investigations
- Trademark and Copyright Applications, Prosecution and Maintenance
- Management of Global Trademark & Copyright Portfolios
- Trademark Oppositions and Cancellations
- Trademark & Copyright Protection Strategies for Non-Profit Organizations and Political Advocacy Groups
- DMCA Account Management
- Fair Use and First Amendment Analysis
- Personality Rights / Right of Publicity
- TECHNOLOGY AND TRANSACTIONS
Our attorneys are ready to help your company maintain a competitive edge by maximizing the value of your intellectual property. Our attorneys have the experience and expertise needed to protect, license, and exploit your proprietary assets, domestically and internationally.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Licenses & Assignments of Trademarks, Patents, Trade Secrets, Computer Software and Other Copyright-Protected Materials
- OEM, VAR, Distribution, Strategic Alliance, Joint Venture and Dealer Agreements
- Intellectual Property Due Diligence for Mergers & Acquisitions
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) and Enforcement of Confidentiality Clauses
- Trade Secret Protection
- Intellectual Property Arbitration and Litigation, incl. Trademarks, Trade Dress, Copyrights, Trade Secrets and Patents
- Licensing and development agreements for life science, internet, electronic commerce, and telecommunications technologies
- Distribution of software for shrink wrap, VARs, OEMs, manufacturers’ representatives, and site licenses and development agreements.
- Protection of trade secrets, confidential information and other intellectual property by contract, including license agreements, development agreements, support and maintenance agreements, confidentiality agreements, and non-competition agreements.
- Negotiation of employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, termination agreements, work-for-hire agreements and assignments, and research and development agreements
- Negotiation of point-of-sale turnkey systems, customized computer software systems, hardware, merchandising accounts payable, etc. and other computer related transactions.
- Negotiation of publisher agreements for books and life stories.
- Establishment of joint ventures to exploit new patents in the avionics industry.
- Procurement of venture capital financing and negotiations of agreements for nationwide pay-per-view television series.
- Consultation on production, financing, protection and distribution of documentary film, pay-per-view television series, and annual sports specials for television.
- IP LITIGATION AND ENFORCEMENT
Whether your dispute concerns trademarks, copyrights, or trade secrets, our litigation team is ready to defend your rights. Our attorneys have experience in court, arbitrations, and mediations, as well as domestic and foreign IP enforcement actions ranging from anti-counterfeit strategies, online takedowns, custom and border protection, DMCA takedowns, and UDRP complaints.
- Represented Seattle-based technology company in action involving claims of breach of contract, conversion, tortious interference, unjust enrichment, trade secret misappropriation, Consumer Protection Act (CPA), and patent and trademark infringement in connection with a terminated intellectual property licensing agreement.
- Represented clients in disputes concerning confidentiality, trade secret issues, product liability, and unfair business practices.
- Represented clients in disputes concerning trademark and copyright infringement in food importation and interior designing industries.
- Filed UDRP complaints on behalf of private companies and non-profit / political organizations to acquire infringing domain names.
- Submitted takedown requests to multiple e-commerce platforms to remove infringing and counterfeit products.
- REPRESENTED INDUSTRIES
- Bar and Restaurant
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Entertainment / Television
- Financial Services
- Food and Beverage
- Health and Lifestyle
- Import / Export
- Hotels and Travel
- Medical Devices
- Oil & Gas
- Political Organizations and Campaigns
- Real Estate
- Video Games
LEGAL ANSWERS - Trademark Domain Name Dispute
Someone is using your trademark in their domain name without your permission – What do you do? In this short video, Ryan Swanson intellectual property attorney John Halski provides valuable insights on how the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) can be used to cost-effectively address this issue and protect your brand’s identity.
Frequently Asked Intellectual Property Questions:
View our answers to frequently asked Intellectual Property questions.