Recognizing the healthcare industry faces unique legal requirements and challenges, the Healthcare Group at Ryan Swanson offers concentrated proficiency in this area, staying up-to-date on all the industry regulations.
Extensive Provider Representation
Our healthcare services include representation of a growing number of skilled nursing and assisted living/retirement facilities, memory care facilities, doctors, adult family and group homes, developmentally disabled residential settings and other residential settings with healthcare components.
Our service to these clients includes general business counseling and representation in litigation matters ranging from business and commercial claims to employment matters such as discrimination claims and wrongful termination claims to malpractice liability defense.
Included in our healthcare practice are the following areas:
- Appeals of Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement
- Facility and professional staff licensure actions
- Medicare/Medicaid certification, including representing facilities in de-certification actions and other types of sanctions such as civil fines
- Certificate of Need applications and related issues
- Development contracts
- Construction contracts
- Staff licensing issues
- Physician practice groups
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with managed care organizations
- Business formations
- Nursing facility, assisted living and other businesses
- Financing and refinancing, including HUD, USDA, mezzanine and conventional loans
- Healthcare facility-specific employment
- Union-related issues
- Supply contracts
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPPA”) issues
- Facility and personnel policies
Additionally, our group offers many years of experience advising healthcare clients in employment matters, construction law, real estate transactions, business contracts, taxation (both for-profit and nonprofit), general corporate matters and litigation, including liability defense. We have also helped numerous healthcare providers with a wide variety of healthcare issues both on federal and state levels.
We strive to keep our clients in compliance with the myriad of statutes and regulations applicable to the healthcare industry, and vigorously represent them when defending or appealing unfair government treatment. In addition, we advise clients on appropriate courses of action for specific situations, whether simple or complex, and seek to provide prompt, cost efficient service by approaching each problem with a practical and realistic solution.