Clifton Stratton is an associate in Ryan Swanson’s Real Estate, Development & Finance Group. His practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions for a variety of clients, ranging from publicly traded companies to small businesses and individuals. Clifton has drafted, negotiated and reviewed numerous leases for office, retail and industrial space in Seattle and surrounding areas; purchase and sale agreements for vacant land, retail, office, and condominium properties; and loan documents for both construction and permanent secured financings. Clifton also regularly assists with the firm’s preparation of legal opinions for mortgage financing transactions and has represented clients in the purchase and sale of businesses through asset acquisitions in a variety of industries including restaurants and manufacturing.
- Represent international technology and video game company in drafting and negotiating 80,000 square foot office lease in Bellevue, Washington.
- Represent national shopping center owner/operator in negotiation and documentation of portfolio of forty retail leases with various jewelers in shopping centers located throughout the United States.
- Assisted with mortgage financing transactions involving Starbuck’s world headquarters, Cornish Commons student housing project and Toyota dealerships located in Western Washington.
- Represent publicly traded home builder in purchase and sale of vacant land throughout Washington State for subdivision and development into single family residential communities, including drafting and preparing the governing documents for Homeowner’s Associations.
- Represented publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust in acquisition of $73 million grocery-based retail shopping center in downtown Seattle.
- Represent Seattle-based developer in connection with drafting leases, easements and restrictive covenants related to the development of a mixed-use tower project at Fifth and Columbia in downtown Seattle.
- Represent landlord in lease preparation and negotiation for portfolio of office and industrial properties located in south Seattle’s Sodo District.
- Represent Washington-based publicly traded community bank in drafting and preparing office and retail leases for bank branches.