Cody focuses her practice on business immigration and global immigration matters. She enjoys assisting corporate clients of all sizes and industries with their business immigration needs.
Cody handles a wide range of temporary work visas, including, but not limited to, H-1B and E-3 professionals, TN professionals, L-1 intra-company transfers, E-2 treaty investors, and O-1 individuals of extraordinary ability. She also handles employment-based green card applications through PERM labor certification, and immigrant petitions for individuals of extraordinary ability. Additionally, Cody assists companies with immigration compliance, business visitor visas, and entry letters for business meetings and events.
Cody was born in Japan and moved to the Pacific Northwest with her parents. Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, and crabbing.
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Asian Bar Association of Washington
- Member, Japan-America Society of the State of Washington
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Author, Proposed Rule for the Removal of the H-4 EAD Program May Be Published in November 2018 (November, 2018)
- Author, Employers May Face New H-1B Cap Lottery Process for FY2020 (November, 2018)
- Speaker, WSBA Corporate Counsel CLE – Employment Update: I-9 Audits and Raids (November, 2017)
- Speaker, 2019 NW Regional Immigration Law Conference: Practicing in Perilous Times (February, 2019)
- Japanese (conversational)