Jason is an associate in Ryan Swanson’s Business and Real Estate, Development & Finance groups. He has represented numerous companies in merger and acquisition transactions (both buy-side and sell-side), securities offerings, debt financings, executive employment agreements, real estate transactions, and real estate development. In addition, Jason has served as outside general counsel to companies and has represented clients in various industries, including technology, medicine, biotechnology, finance, and manufacturing.
Representative Experience – Business
- Prepared numerous companies for an acquisition, including by stock and asset sales, by conducting preliminary due diligence, identifying areas of improvement and providing an overall assessment of corporate hygiene.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest providers of independent medical examination services in an asset sale to large publicly-traded company.
- Represented digital marketing agency and customer-experience company in stock sale to international publically-traded company.
- Represented a technology company in raising funds through its Series B Financing.
- Represented a large Seattle-based biotech company in licensing agreement to large publicly-traded biotechnology company.
- Represented a professional sports company and league in asset sale.
- Represented digital marketing company in stock sale to an international, publicly-traded company.
- Represented restaurant in securities offering in restaurant expansion.
- Drafted and negotiated complex operating agreements for several investment companies.
Representative Experience – Real Estate
- Assisted with financing and negotiation of real estate development involving a large condominium project and related corporate/organizational matters and negotiation of third-party service contracts for all aspects of the project.
- Represented seller non-profit organization in the sale of large downtown Seattle parking garage and related corporate governance matters.
- Assisted with negotiating development agreement for a large commercial development.
- Author, COVID-19: CARES Act – Key Provisions for Small to Mid-Sized American Businesses (March 2020).
- Author, COVID-19: Resources for Washington Businesses (March 2020).
Prior to joining Ryan Swanson, Jason was a law clerk for the Federal Trade Commission where he worked on business competition cases including research and writing legal memoranda, reviewing Hart-Scott Rodino filings, assessing market competition, and analyzing company financials and also served as a legal intern at Avalara, Inc.
While in law school, Jason served as the Executive Editor of the Washington International Law Journal. Jason was also the recipient of several acaemic awards, including the Judge Eugene A. Wright Scholar Award and four CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Securities Regulation, Law & Economics, Evidence, and Competition in Health Care. Jason also served as a Hazelton Research Fellow for Professor Lisa Marshall Manheim, Professor Steve Calandrillo, Professor Kathryn Watts, Professor Sean O’Connor and Professor Theo Myhre at UW Law and as a research assistant for Professor Jarrad Harford at the Foster School of Business.
Outside of work, Jason enjoys following the Oregon State Beavers, playing golf and watching documentaries.
Jason is grateful to serve as pro bono counsel for Twende Solar, a non-profit based in Portland, Oregon dedicated to empowering energy-deficient countries and populations by providing and installing solar energy systems. Please consider contributing to Twende Solar: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/LSioXH5bBI4uk4qkes72FA.