Maddie is an associate attorney in Ryan Swanson’s Litigation group, where she represents businesses and individuals in all stages of the litigation process. Maddie has successfully represented clients at trial, in motion hearings, and in alternative dispute resolution. Her practice includes trust, estate, and guardianship matters, along with general commercial and real estate litigation.
While in law school, Maddie served as Electronic Media Editor of the University of Illinois Law Review and as a research assistant for one of the nation’s leading bankruptcy scholars. In her clinic work, she represented homeowners in foreclosure mediations with major lenders and in negotiations with government officials. Maddie was also the recipient of several academic awards, including CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Real Estate Transactions and Family Law, and honors distinctions in Legal Research, Legal Writing, and Oral Advocacy.
Prior to joining Ryan Swanson, Maddie worked as a judicial extern for the Honorable Justice Susan Owens at the Washington State Supreme Court. She also worked in business journalism and retail sales management before attending law school. These experiences have given Maddie the ability to fully relate to the issues her clients are facing and develop practical solutions to their challenges.
Outside of work, Maddie enjoys live music and hiking throughout the Pacific Northwest.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Editorial Board Member, Washington State Bar Association Real Property, Probate & Trust Newsletter
- Board Member, Illinois Law Alumni Seattle Chapter
- Member, King County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Washington Women Lawyers
- Volunteer, King County Bar Association Records Project
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Speaker, “Case Law Update,” Real Property Probate and Trust Midyear Conference (2020)
- Author, “What the Residential Eviction Moratorium Means for Washington Landlords and Tenants” (2020)
- Speaker, “Case Law Updates,” Washington State Bar Association 17th Annual Trust and Estate Litigation Seminar (2020)
- Author, “Governor Inslee Signs Two New Landlord-Tenant Bills into Law ” (2019)
- Author, “CBD Edible Product Crackdown: What’s Next for Washington Retailers and Restaurants” (2019)
- Author, “Washington’s Minimum Wage to Increase January 1, 2017” (2016)
- Author, “Off the Constitutional Map: Breaking the Endless Cycle of School Finance Litigation” 2016 BYU Educ. & L.J. 117 (2016)