Susan has a busy and varied litigation practice. About half of her practice involves employment law. This work includes counseling companies regarding employment policies and strategy, as well as defending employers against charges of discrimination, wrongful termination, wage issues and other employment-related topics. The rest of Susan’s practice involves commercial cases such as contract breach disputes, real estate foreclosures and construction defect litigation.
Susan has also been representing bank clients in a variety of cases, including actions on guaranty, agreements, foreclosures and receivership actions. She assisted a national bank client in obtaining judgments of over $11 million, and is currently overseeing a receivership that will result in full recovery of the Bank’s loan.
- “Plugging the Leaky Pipeline: Promoting Women’s Leadership in Our Legal Community,” Washington Women Lawyer’s Town Hall Discussion, Panelist (February 27, 2013)
- Ryan Swanson’s annual employment law seminar
- “Recent Developments in ADA Law” sponsored by National Business Institute
Professional & Community Activities
- Board of Directors, Easterseals Washington (present)
- Member, Women Business Owners (2013-present)
- Co-Chair, Women Business Owners Nellie Cashman Gala (2015, 2016)
- Judge, Women Business Owners Nellie Cashman Gala (2014)
- Chair, Ryan Swanson’s Professional Recruiting Committee (2010-2015)
Honors & Awards
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award (1985)
- Order of the Barristers (1983)
In addition to her employment work, Susan regularly represents national investment companies that buy out the long-term income streams Washington State lottery winners receive when they win a substantial prize. Recently, Susan represented a professional female snow boarder in a commission dispute with a manufacturer.