Businesses large and small look to Hana to solve problems and manage risk. Hana advises clients on employee discrimination, harassment and retaliation complaints, contract issues, licensing, and construction law. She handles complex litigation, whistle-blower cases, embezzlement, and wage and hour class actions. With more than 27 years in legal practice, Hana knows the enormous value of preventing litigation whenever possible, but she’s a tenacious advocate when circumstances demand a stronger approach.
Hana draws on her years of experience to help clients achieve successful outcomes. She focuses on building relationships and understanding her clients’ goals. The solutions she offers blend creativity and functionality in alignment with her clients’ business realities.
Hana is a member of Ryan Swanson’s Employment Rights, Benefits & Labor Group; the Food and Beverage Group; and the Litigation team.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Association of Workplace Investigators
- Member, Washington State Bar Association Board
- Member, Women Business Owners
- Alumni, National Charity League
- Legacy Speaker, Holocaust Center for Humanity’s Speakers Bureau
- “Recent Developments in State & Federal Law” Ryan Swanson’s Annual Employment Law Seminar (2018)
- “Taking Leave: Paid Sick & Safe Leave Throughout Washington State,” Ryan Swanson’s Annual Employment Law Seminar (Co-presenter; 2017)
- “Five Things Seattle Employers Need to Know,” Business Network International (2017)
- “Your Business and the Law,” Association of Landscape Designers (2016)
- Employment law topics, by request, to educate clients’ management teams
- “Are Employee Arbitration and Class Action Waivers good for my Business?” Puget Sound Business Journal (2019)
- Snow Day! Should you Pay? (2019)