Employers and business owners face multi-faceted challenges as they manage the outbreak of COVID-19 and its effect on their workforce and business. Ryan Swanson lawyers have authored the articles and alerts below that track the latest developments regarding COVID-19, and have compiled key resources to help you stay up-to-date on how to manage your workforce and business amid the pandemic.
- State Announces $5M Grant Program for Small Business
- COVID-19: CARES Act – Key Provisions for Small to Mid-sized American Businesses
- COVID-19: Resources for Washington Businesses
Employment Rights, Benefits & Labor
- Important Changes for Employers in American Rescue Plan Legislation
- Employment Alert: COVID-19 Workplace Vaccination Guidance Issued from EEOC
- Governor Inslee Issues Proclamation Providing Protections for High-Risk Employees
- Employer Obligations Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Governor Issues Additional Guidance Bulletin; Includes Important Guidance for Automotive Dealers
- COVID-19 & Your Automobile Dealership: Resources and Dealer FAQs
- The U.S. Government Imposes One-Day COVID Test Requirement for All International Travelers to the U.S.
- USCIS Allows Automatic Extension of Employment Authorization for H-4, E, and L-2 Nonimmigrant Dependent Spouses
- Major Settlement Agreement Impacts H-4 and L-2 Spouse EAD Policies
- OSHA Issues “Emergency Temporary Standard” Requiring Large Employers to Comply with Federal Mandatory Vaccine Rules by January 4, 2022
- White House Says Fully Vaccinated Foreign Travelers Can Start Entering the U.S. on November 8
- USCIS Starts Online Registration for Diversity Visa (DV) Program for FY-2023
- United States Will Lift Travel Ban for Fully Vaccinated Travelers Beginning November 2021
- Canada Loosens Border Restrictions while the U.S. Extends Restrictions on Travelers Via Land Borders with Canada and Mexico
- Late Breaking Immigration News from AILA Conference
- ICE Announces Extension of Form I-9 Compliance Flexibility due to COVID-19
- USCIS Resumes Deference to Prior Approvals
- USCIS Will No Longer Require Biometrics from Certain H-4, L-2, and E Visa Extension of Stay and Change of Status Applicants
- Urgent Travel Alert: U.S. Imposes Travel Ban on India as of Tuesday, May 4th
- Public Charge Final Rule No Longer in Effect
- U.S. House of Representatives Delays Vote on President Biden’s Immigration Reform Bill
- White House Cancels Proclamation Suspending the Entry of Certain Immigrants to the U.S.
- Biden Signs Proclamation Limiting Entry by Non-U.S. Citizens from the Schengen Area, U.K., Ireland, Brazil and South Africa
- Biden Administration Day-One Executive Orders Rescinding Trump Travel Bans and Fortifying DACA
- Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test Required for International Travelers Flying to the U.S.
- White House Proclamation Suspends the Entry of Certain Immigrants to the U.S.
- Premium Processing for All I-129 and I-140 Petitions Temporarily Suspended Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- DHS Provides COVID-19 Exceptions to I-9 Compliance
- U.S. Embassies and Consulates Cancel Visa Appointments Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- USCIS Suspends In-person Services
- Canada Cancels All Routine Nonimmigrant Visa Appointments and Restricts International Travel
- USCIS Announced Temporary Suspension of Premium Processing for H-1B Cap-Subject Petitions
- COVID-19 Travel Ban Impacting Travel from Europe
- Impact of Coronavirus on Travel from China to U.S.
Real Estate, Development & Finance; Litigation
- Ongoing Construction Projects Allowed to Restart with Safety Restrictions
- COVID-19: Seattle Creates Protections for Small Business and Nonprofit Tenants
- COVID-19 Impact on Construction and Development in Washington
- What the Residential Eviction Moratorium Means for Washington Landlords and Tenants
Local & Federal Resources
- Washington State Department of Revenue Small business requirements and resources webinar
- Washington State’s Official COVID-19 site, maintained by the state Joint Information Center
- COVID-19 and the American Workplace, U.S. Department of Labor, Wage & Hour Division
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers, U.S. Department of Labor, Wage & Hour Division
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Fair Labor Standards Act Questions and Answers, U.S. Department of Labor, Wage & Hour Division
- COVID-19: Information for workers and employers, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Washington State Employment Security Department: for workers and businesses affected by COVID-19
- King County Public Health Recommendations
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Guidance from the EEOC created during the 2009 H1N1 situation
Questions or concerns? Contact a member of Ryan Swanson’s COVID-19 Legal Support Team—a team of experienced professionals ready to help guide you and your company through a broad range of legal issues.